Request the Mayor to join your event
Following the latest government lockdown ‘you must stay at home’ guidance issued on coronavirus (COVID-19) on Monday 4 January 2021, a decision has been taken to postpone physical attendance at events until further notice.
If you would like to invite the Mayor to join your virtual event, please contact the Civic Manager using the details below, giving as much information about your organisation and the event as possible (no later than 10 days before the event).
Point of contact
The Civic Manager supports the Mayor in their duties and is the first point of contact in the Mayor's office. A summary of the Mayor's duties and busy schedule are detailed below
The Mayor of Newbury is a busy role. In addition to Chairing the full council meetings held in the Council Chamber, the Mayor will:
- Open events held in the town and extend a Civic Welcome
- Host various functions and Civic Receptions
- Support sports people of the town (visit or start events, present prizes, etc)
- Open various events (school fetes, new businesses, etc)
- Attend a wide variety of events (Open Days, school/college presentations, Annual General Meetings, Dinners, neighbouring Civic Events, etc)
- Visit many townspeople to celebrate special occasions (e.g. 100th birthdays, etc)
This requires a significant level of management, diarising, contacting members of the public and organising/confirming bookings. We support the Mayor with this role.
West Berkshire Council
Please contact West Berkshire Council for:
- Rubbish and Recycling
- Planning and Building Control
- Roads, Transport and Parking
- Care and Housing
- Consumer and Environmental Protection
- Leisure, Parks and Countryside
- Schools, Learning and Libraries
If you have any queries and would like to contact Newbury Town Council directly, you can write, call or email us.Newbury Town Council
The Town Hall