29 Oct NOTICE TO PUBLIC REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
In line with recent Government advice, Newbury Town Council has taken the following decisions:-
- The Town Hall will remain closed to the public during the current emergency.
- Arrangements have been made for office staff to work from home and all staff are contactable through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01635 35486.
- All officers of the Council can also be contacted on their direct line numbers or their own email addresses.
- We will continue to provide a comprehensive service remotely and kindly ask residents to bear with us during this challenging time.
- Our grounds maintenance contractors will operate as normal for the moment. We kindly urge residents to respect staff whilst they work and observe social distancing.
- Virtual Council meetings will continue to be held with notification of and how to join a meeting posted on the Town Council website and social media pages.
- The Park is open to the public. Please follow any directions posted in the Park and the latest government advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- The Council run play areas will stay open and we will continue to ensure health and safety inspections take place as normal. Please follow the guidance notices posted around each play area.
- Residents can use public spaces for exercise but are reminded to follow the latest government advice on accessing green spaces safely.
- The market continues to operate on Thursdays and Saturdays providing a range of produce and services in a healthy, open air environment.
- The Town Council’s public toilets at The Wharf are open as normal.
- Our allotments will continue to operate as normal. However, there should be no bonfires on site and all rubbish should be removed in a proper and safe manner.
- Booking for Football pitches continues subject to both Government and Football Association guidance. Spectators as asked to ensure they observe the social distancing guidance at all times.
- Shaw Cemetery is open and operating under current guidance for cemeteries and funerals ( See Guidance for managing a funeral )
- Newtown Road Cemetery is open to the public for limited hours and all directions and signage should be followed while in the grounds.
- The Town Council have no plans to organise public events at present.
- The Town Council continues to closely follow Government advice and encourage the public to also follow the official advice from the Government. Any changes to the situation at the Town Council will be communicated on the Council website and social media pages.