28 Jul NEWBURY TOWN COUNCIL GRANT AID APPLICATIONS
– DON’T MISS THE DEADLINE!
If you are involved with an organisation or charity that benefits the residents of Newbury, don’t miss your chance to apply for grant funding for a special project or core costs.
To apply you must register with The Good Exchange https://thegoodexchange.com and complete the grant application process by 19 August 2020. All applications for funding that are on the Good Exchange website by this date, and posted since 1 November 2019, will be considered if they fulfil the Town Council’s criteria. The Council’s criteria for grant funding can be found on our website www.newbury.gov.uk
The Grant Sub-Committee of Newbury Town Council will meet on 1 September 2020 to consider the applications.
The total grant fund available is £16,500 and The Good Exchange has kindly agreed to match fund all the grants, making the total available £33,000.
CRITERIA FOR GRANT AID
Priority will be given to organisations which:
- Are based within the boundary of Newbury Town Council or which serve wholly or mainly the residents of Newbury.
- Would give benefit to the greatest number and range of Newbury town residents.
- Provide a benefit for the wider community beyond progressing the interest of its members.
- Have made an effort to raise funds themselves and are not reliant on donations to fund the total project
- Show a commitment to sustainability.
- Show a commitment to equality and diversity
- Grants will not be awarded to bodies for activities which are statutorily funded.
- Priority will be given to those organisations whose objectives meet the priorities and targets laid down in the Council’s Strategy.
- Preference will be given to organisations that have not received a grant from Newbury Town Council in recent years.
CRITERIA FOR SHORT-LISTING
- Application to the Good Exchange is complete and all required documentation received by the deadline
- Application assessed against the above criteria
- Short-listed applicants MAY BE invited to attend the scheduled Grant Sub-Committee meeting to make a short presentation and answer questions from Members of the Grant Sub-Committee.