24 Apr Greenham Trust Coronavirus Emergency Appeal
AN emergency appeal has been set up to help those in need in our area during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Greenham Trust will match grants and public donations up to £100,000 and will distribute the funds through local charitable and voluntary organisations that are offering support to the elderly and vulnerable people.
In West Berkshire, the Trust is working alongside many local organisations including West Berkshire Council, Newbury Soup Kitchen, Citizens Advice West Berkshire, Age Concern West Berkshire, Volunteer Centre West Berkshire, Community Furniture Project, Healthwatch West Berkshire, Eight Bells for Mental Health, Loose Ends, West Berkshire Foodbank and Newbury Weekly News. A Community Support Hub has been created to help the community through the crisis. https://info.westberks.gov.uk/coronavirus-communityhub
All grants and donations made to this fundraising appeal via The Good Exchange will be matched £1 for £1 from the £100,000 fund and will go to help those most urgently in need including:
• Helping elderly or vulnerable people or people with chronic underlying health conditions or diseases in self-isolation or quarantine who need access to food, medicines or social care
• Providing more support for Foodbanks
• Increasing the number of meals on wheels deliveries to support the elderly
• Providing financial, employment and debt advice
• Giving counselling, suicide prevention and mental health support to those who have for example, lost their jobs, are grieving or are in crisis
• Supporting the homeless and rough sleepers
You can find more information and make a donation using the link below. Any donation, no matter how small, is very much appreciated.