Applicants should study the criteria below to ensure that they qualify.
Any questions should be directed to the Town Council before applying.
Priority shall be given to organisations which:
• Are based within the boundary of Newbury Town Council or which serve wholly or mainly the residents of Newbury.
• Would give benefit to the greatest number and range of Newbury town residents.
• Provide a benefit for the wider community beyond progressing the interest of its members.
• Have made an effort to raise funds themselves and are not reliant on donations to fund the total project
• Show a commitment to long term sustainability.
• Show a commitment to equality and diversity
• Preference will be given to organisations that have not already had a grant from Newbury Town Council in recent years.
• Grants will not be awarded to bodies that unitary or national government has a legal obligation to fund.
• Priority will be given to those organisations whose objectives meet the priorities and targets laid down in the Council’s Strategy, especially Section 3, “Take actions to address the climate emergency”.
• The Applicant will need to demonstrate the carbon emissions reduction or offset to be achieved in their project in their application
• The Applicant will be required to feedback on the project and be willing to demonstrate the outcomes at a Climate Change Workshop organised by the Council.